Utilizing 3rd party YouTube videos provides significant benefits for educators. The videos are highly relevant, entertaining, and extremely effective at engaging students in conversation. The very large and ever-increasing number of great 3rd party videos allows us to keep things fresh and timely, further making the program more meaningful to students and teachers.
Utilizing 3rd party videos does expose users to ads. We have done everything we can to minimize this, but they can never be eliminated. The displaying of ads can be further minimized by individual users in the following ways:
- Purchase YouTube Red – YouTube Red is a paid monthly service that removes advertisements from all videos. If you or your school utilizes YouTube Red, then all pop-up ads will be eliminated.
- Play from Lesson Plan – All video links have been provided through a SafeShare link in the downloadable lesson plan. You may choose to launch the video from the lesson plan rather than the multi-media-based lesson player inside the 7 Mindsets Portal.
- Block Popups on your Computer – While not bullet proof, it is a good idea to update your settings within your browser. This may reduce the number of pop-up windows that appear.
- Close Pop-up Ads – As you present the lesson and show the video to students, be prepared to close any pop-up ads that appear.
- Move on Quickly – Sometimes, publishers embed advertisements at the end of the video itself. When this happens, simply click the “Next” button to pause the video and move on to the next step in the lesson plan.